Wednesday 13 May 2009

Marks Hall Farm House

I mentioned that The Reid Rooms has a bridal suite for me and my girls to get ready in on the morning of the wedding... they don't just have a suite - they have a whole farmhouse! A Grade II listed 15th century farmhouse with a moat if you please!

From their website:

Marks Hall Farmhouse is an elegant, Grade II listed, 15th century moated farmhouse set deep in the peaceful Essex countryside and providing a high level of luxury accommodation.

Formerly the family home of the proprietors of The Reid Rooms, the farmhouse is just a few yards from the central courtyard of The Reid Rooms. The attractively planted gardens provide an extremely popular backdrop for wedding photographs.

Internally, the building has been renovated to a high standard, with every attention given to creating a warm, inviting and traditional “country house” atmosphere. Period furnishings combine with soft, neutral colours and pine and wood accessories, to create accommodation that is elegant, yet comfortable and homely.


Marks Hall Farmhouse...



...which has 8 rooms and sleeps up to 20 people! As we booked our wedding for a Wednesday, we had the price of the Bridal Suite included - touch!





Lovely country style decor and a real home from home feel to the whole place. As we have exclusivity to the venue, all the rooms are held for us, and we have offered our families the choice to stay there if they so wish (not included in the price though), with a full English breakfast the next day. We have filled most of the rooms now, so it will be nice to have a big family/friend breakfast the day after the wedding!

Here is the lounge...



As you can see - a home from home!

And the breakfast room...




As I said there are 8 rooms altogether... I added a sign to each photo when I originally took them so that I could remember what room was what!

The Old Dairy (double with wash basin)




The Oak Room (double + single ensuite)




The Mahogany Room (double + single with wash basin)




The Pine Room (double ensuite)
(I spliced two pics together so I would remember it had the ensuite!!)




Peggy's Room (double with wash basin)




The Egg Room (double + 2 singles)




The Game Room (double with wash basin)



I think it is lovely and so nice that each room has its own name! When I took my mum and best friend (and bridesmaid) to take a look-see, they agreed! I'm now thinking some sort of goody bag for after the wedding - just cos I like to do that sort of thing!

TTFN xx

No comments:

Post a Comment