Friday 15 May 2009

The Colour Purple

Purple has always been my favourite colour - I don't know why, or when the obsession started, but I always envisioned that purple would be "our colour" at the wedding... it didn't matter where the venue was - purple would be it. I was also very particular - it had to be purple, not lilac, and it had to be a certain colour of purple... I gave myself a challenge!!

Then I started to look for all things purple - with not much luck - I couldn't find the "right" colour purple... and so abandoned that and went for hot pink - because it was bold and vibrant and I kept seeing it in the magazines. I started the hunt for bridesmaid dresses and found this selection by Alfred Angelo:









And this one from ???? I can't remember where now, it was so long ago!



I phoned several stockists to arrange fittings for my 4 bridesmaids asking if they had any of the dresses in the hot pink so I could see what it looked like in "real life" I could only find one!! So off we all went and they tried them on.... although I was mis-told and they didn't have the dress that I preferred in the hot pink colour - but they did of another dress....

Here are 3 of my BMs in all their glory (excuse silly socks and bra straps!)



We then decided that the style best suited to all 4 girls was the silver dress on the left, but in the hot pink. However, this was also the most expensive dress at £150 PLUS alterations!!! With 4 BMs, I just couldn't afford that, nor justify the cost as it would be highly doubtful that they would wear them again!

So I started on the online hunt, even considered getting them shipped from the USA, but then panic over that set in - what if we got them and I ordered them in the wrong sizes, or if I didn't like them when they arrived....and what if I didn't really want hot pink...?

But the main thing was the cost - £600 plus alterations (up to £100 per dress!) was too too much... I had to start looking elsewhere...

TTFN xx


No comments:

Post a Comment