Friday 15 May 2009

Bridesmaid Dress Mission

Towards the end of Summer 2008, I went for my first try on of wedding dresses with my mum, we were browsing through all the dresses on the rack, including bridesmaid dresses and I pointed out the colour (hot pink) to her. I said how I wasn't sure I liked it any more and that I REALLY wanted to have purple. So she suggested looking in catalogues and on the high street as purple was going to be the colour for the winter season! Who knew that my mum was so bang on trend!

So I started scouring the high street online... Monsoon, Coast, M&S, Debenhams to name a few and in my mum's catalogues to. Lots of purple - but not the right purple, not the right length, not a suitable style that would suit all 4 BMs, not the right price - lots were still over £100... I was starting to panic now - typical me - 11 months to the wedding and already panicking!!
(>。≪) I thought I would never find "the dress" for my girls...

Then mum said, why don't you try Kaleidoscope? So I did and there, on the landing page of their website was this purple dress....



My eyes popped out of their sockets! It looked the right shade of purple, it looked nice and floaty and airy (ideal for a summer wedding), it had a similar bust style to the original dress we all picked out, it was available in all my BMs dress sizes and best of all it was only £65!!!

I sent a quick text to all my girls asking for dress sizes and that I'd found the dress. I ordered 4 straight away - and an additional one for myself - I loved it that much!!

So the wait was on for the dresses to arrive. I started worrying - what if they were nothing like the picture, what if they were horrible in real life... what if, what if, what if???

They came after about a week and I rallied the girls round to try them on - had to send one up north to my best friend who lives 200 miles away from me... but they all liked the dress, they all fit and need no alterations at all, the mission was complete and our wedding colour went from hot pink to PURPLE
\(^ ^)/

TTFN xx

No comments:

Post a Comment