Tuesday 12 May 2009

Let's go back.....

...way back to over a year ago when wedding talk was bandied about a bit between us...

2008 was a leap year, I hear it is tradition for women to propose to their guys on a leap year, so instead of waiting around for H2b to ask me, I thought I'd take the plunge and ask him - truth is I was getting impatient - not getting any younger, found the man of my dreams and just want to get married to him!!!

So I went out, found a lovely watch for him, and had the plan - a nice meal at home on Valentines (a bit early - but haven't you worked out - I'm impatient!!), a few slushy songs to set the mood and then just ask him....

So I did - and his words were "oh.... I wanted to ask you... do it all properly, ask your dad's permission and get down on one knee etc etc" I just burst into tears!!! For two reasons - one: I felt like a damn fool - in essence he was turning me down (
!@%$#%@ ) -although he insisted that he wasn't....??! - and two: I felt bad that I got in there before him...

So I pestered, and said he had to ask my old man A Sap! Which he did do after a couple of weeks....when that was done we rushed out to the jewellers in the town centre to go find a ring...



I heart it lots and lots and lots - it's so sparkly and I love the cross-over detail. It is white gold with 1/2 carat of diamonds in. It's lush.

I tried on several different rings, but none stood out as much as the one that I choose - H2b said he would never have picked a ring that I liked (bless him!) so was glad I was with him to choose (even though on our last few trips to Brighton and the lanes (famous for their jewellery shops) I kept pointing out rings that I liked...!)

H2b bartered and paid for the ring - but it had to be sent off to be re-sized
(;_・) I was itching to announce our engagement - even though he hadn't "officially" proposed, but H2b wouldn't let me say anything until he did exactly that (poo!)

That weekend we both managed to get really sick - food poisoning or something equally nasty - I got the full force of it and was ill for the whole week - but I managed to drag myself down to the jewellery shop to pick up my ring on Friday 14th March and bring it home - H2b was at work and I couldn't wait ANOTHER day for him to pick it up!!!

So Friday evening, in a rather hazy blur, H2b proposed - I can't remember what he said, but was so happy to finally have been asked!!!! The ball had officially started rolling - status updates on Facebook, numerous texts and phone calls to friends and family and searches on the internet for wedding venues.........

TTFN xx




No comments:

Post a Comment