Wednesday 6 May 2009

Evening Invitations are outta here!

I finished off the evening invitations a long time ago now, but they finally went out TODAY! Already had one RSVP back via the website from one of H2b's work colleagues, 96 to go!

It's coming to the home stretch now that all the invitations are sent. Hopefully we'll soon have final numbers (several day guests are yet to reply) and then a better understanding of what our final catering cost will be....
(・_・?)

I hand made all the stationery for our wedding and I think everything has turned out just great, H2b emailed to tell me that everyone said how lovely they were when he handed them out this afternoon at work, so that was nice to hear!

I loved this
DIY project I gave to myself, and even though to task was a bit monotonous, and took waaaay longer than I had envisioned I would do it all again in a heartbeat - nothing more satisfying than seeing your handiwork in front of you for such a momentous occasion!

Here is a single invitation....

Evening Invitation

I found some beautiful swirly brushes online (I searched and searched!!) which I incorporated into all of the stationery in one way or the other. I designed the layout in Paint Shop Pro X before printing on heavy paper.

H2b painstakingly cut every one of them out, before I mounted them onto some gorgeous purple
pearlescent card (which I painstakingly cut down from a hooooge A2 sheet! - 'twas the only size I could find in a purple that I liked the shade of!) I then mounted that onto black card stock (more easily cut down from A4 size!)

They then went into plain white envelopes and I
hand wrote the address on the front.

Evening Invitations

Now that the evening invitations have also been sent, everything is seeming more real to me.... not that it wasn't before, but it's now less than 3 months to the big day and we're now starting to finalise things, instead of just having pipe dreams.... that being said, it doesn't stop me from reading wedding blogs and seeing so many
GAWJUS things that I would have loved at our wedding.... I think I'll have to go into wedding planning or something - I don't know what I'm gonna do with myself once this ride is over!

TTFN xx

No comments:

Post a Comment