Tuesday 19 May 2009

Invitation Ideas...

I knew right from the start that I wanted to make our wedding invitations... one, because I'm arty/crafty and two, to save money.

If I look back now at the invitations that I originally liked the look of they are nothing at all like the ones I eventually designed and sent out to our guests!

Here is a selection of images online that I found. They were snagged so long ago now I can't remember where they came from - but I know that I always would find things by Googling...





















You'll notice that they're all very home made looking, have a similar style and theme (mainly hearts and flowers).

I duly went off to the Art Department at The Range and picked up some blank cards in varying sizes and colours, silver outline stickers, ribbon and a bunch of embellishments (to add to my stash I already had at home!) and got to work.

I'm surprised I never took any photographs of my first efforts. They may still be languishing some where in the house, but none of them looked right, I figured they would take forever and a day to make, what with all the little details that had to be stuck on, plus, I just wasn't "feeling it" when I looked at them.

Another reason why I scrapped this whole homemade look was because I had fallen in love with a new style of invitation... POCKETFOLDS!!

TTFN xx

No comments:

Post a Comment