Tuesday 19 May 2009

I heart pocketfolds!



After my lame attempt at homemade invitations, which just didn't turn out the way I expected them to, it was back to the drawing board (Google) to look for more inspiration and ideas.

Enter: POCKETFOLDS!!!

These seem to be relatively new to the UK wedding scene - at least I had not really noticed them in the wedding magazines, and threads on the forums were few and far between for pocketfolds, so I looked to the USA for inspiration...

OMG I was totally in love with pocketfolds. I love them because you can have everything in one neat little package - the invite itself, directions, information, maps, etc etc. I also love them because they are so different and I knew that the majority of our guests would not have seen anything like them either.

From my inspiration images (again from Google) you can see that I really dig the bold designs...











I knew in my head I wanted the invitations to be bold and have swirly pattern on them a la more Googling...









So the hunt was on to find a swirly brush to use in Paint Shop Pro X (the programme I use to design
EVERYTHING!). That in itself was a mission, but I eventually found a set of four brushes that I loved and looked "right" and set about designing our invites!

TTFN xx

No comments:

Post a Comment