Wednesday 13 May 2009

The Reid Rooms (Part 2)

Onto the Dining Room, where, surprise, surprise we'd be, err, dining...

From their website:
The Dining Room. The fine oak and elm beams, trussed with American pine, combine with subtle lighting to evoke warmth and tranquillity, giving depth and character to this great room. The Dining Room can seat up to 120 guests (150 guests when incorporating the Drawing Room).

The first time we took a visit it was set up for a wedding without a top table and only the centrepieces in place. Again I like the beams, but didn't like the boring banqueting seats - I knew they would need chair covers!



On a subsequent visit, another wedding, this time in my (then) colour - hot pink...



Don't the chair covers just bring the room to life?



The co-ordinator told us that room had been set up for over 100 people, I felt it was quite cramped, especially as by the time we visited, we had decided to have a buffet - and I thought how would I be able squeeze past all them chairs in my dress!! Luckily our guest numbers [were] 65, so would be more space with our table set up.



Just behind the Dining Room is a Lounge and the Garden Room

From their website:
After the Wedding Breakfast, the Drawing Room, complete with log burning fire, and the adjoining Garden Room offer a comfortable retreat for drinks and coffee in a quiet, relaxed atmosphere.

We thought the Drawing Room was an ideal place for those who wanted to get away from the loud music in the reception room - and the sofas were very comfy!



The Garden Room is where the buffet will be served from - during the day and then again in the evening.



The other night I was having doubts about our venue - worrying where would would be able to have nice photographs, but looking back I don't think I need to be worried!

TTFN xx

No comments:

Post a Comment