Wednesday 20 May 2009

Names or Numbers?

I knew right from the start that I wanted to have names for tables as opposed to numbers. I thought this would be a good place to inject something that means something to us as a couple, and as we're having a relatively small amount of tables, I don't think there will be too much confusion when guests are looking out for their table. I also think numbers are boring and remind me of being in a restaurant (゚o゚)

We sat down one evening and brainstormed table name ideas...
  • fruit
  • flowers
  • the word "love" in different languages
  • colours
not many, granted, but then I thought, why not bands/artists that we have seen together live in concert (・_・?)

H2b had never been to a music concert. Ever. Until he met me... and we have seen lots of bands/artists together now. Anyone that knows us, KNOWS it's what we do for a good night out, I think in 2008 we had a concert a month! H2b drew the line at coming with me to see NKTOB and Take That though!

I thought it would also be good to have the dates and venues on the table name card - mainly so it wouldn't be like we plucked random artists out of the air, but that they were people we had seen live!

I carried on the black/purple/white colour scheme, and on the reverse of the card we plan on putting the guests names (maybe)

Here are all the table name cards...

Photobucket

Top table will be Darren Hayes, natch, he's my favourite musician ♥ ♥ ♥

Photobucket

The Bridesmaids and their partner's table will be the P!nk table. It is also my Chief Bridesmaid's (my sis) fave musician - she came along with us to see her a few weeks ago. P!nk rawked!

Photobucket

As for the rest of the tables, they are unassigned at the moment...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Britney is yet to be seen - June 7th, but we'll have seen her by the time the wedding rolls round!

Photobucket

TTFN xx

No comments:

Post a Comment