Thursday 30 April 2009

With This Ring....

We have got some choices as far as the ceremony is concerned. There are certain words that must be said to be legally married in England. We chose the following:

Declaratory Words

I do solemnly declare that I know not of any lawful impediment why I ______ may not be joined in matrimony to ______

Contracting Words

I call upon these persons here present to witness that I ______ do take thee ______ to be my lawful wedded wife/husband

This is where we now are a bit confused. We know we can say our own vows, which we have both written (and blubbed at!) but there is also on the info sheet the registrar sent to us about the exchanging of rings. We have chosen:

I give you this ring as a token of my love and as a symbol of our marriage

Here is my sparkly - I love it! It goes so well with my e-ring!

My Ring

And this is H2b's ring - he loves it!

H2b's Ring

I will have to call up the registrar in the morning before sending the stuff off to find out what is what!

I won't put up our vows as only we know what is in them! I am debating whether to learn them off by heart, or read them from a card....
(・_・?)

TTFN xx

No comments:

Post a Comment