Monday 13 July 2009

Jars & Scoops

Once the decision had been made for us to have a candy buffet at our wedding we nipped to Ikea to purchase some jars...









Plus, we had a left over giant martini glass (which we are using in our table centerpieces) which we bought from The Range



At this stage I had no clue what sweets we were going to buy, so we just bought a load of different styles, shapes and sizes and hoped for the best! At worse I would always find some use for them in the home!

I loved the shape of some of the containers that I saw in the various photos I found online of candy buffets, but those were going to work out to be way too expensive - as pretty as they are!

The next items to buy were the scoops. I wanted to buy scoops like you see in sweet shop's pic n' mix a la...



But again, these were quite pricey, and I wouldn't really have a use for them afterwards either (unlike the jars!). With hindsight though, it's a good thing we didn't buy that sort - they wouldn't have been easy to use in the jars that we bought.

Instead we bought some miniature (compared with normal!) sized ladles and giant (compared with normal, but smaller than serving size!) spoons from the 99p Store. The bargain, was that they came in packs of two - a spoon AND a ladle for a bargantastic 99p!



Next came the fun part... choosing the sweets!!

TTFN xx

No comments:

Post a Comment